Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good Day, Sunshine

I just love the cheerfulness of yellow. Even on a dreary day, yellow can lend a dose of brightness and help us believe the world is good.

Who wouldn't say that sunshine is bathing this lovely table alfresco even if the sky is gray?



Seeking a reminder of the joys of dining in Hawaii, I came across this photo of Oprah's dining room in Hawaii. I can assure you that I would love to enjoy some macademia nut pancakes here for breakfast!


I find yellow to be quite the talisman against our darker impulses, or the temptation to give into sorrow. How can one not be grateful for the beauty of life when bathed in this sort of sunshine?

Best of all, yellow need not be fussy to be charming.

While pink and red may be the Valentine's Day standard, this year I will be looking to yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment